top of page

How to Report a Health & Safety Issue

Updated: May 16, 2019

Speak to your Employer or Health and Safety Representative

It may be possible to put some health and safety problems right without taking the official route and contacting HSE.

You could speak to:

the Person in Charge of the Work;

your Employer;

your Union or H&S Representative.

Reporting a problem to HSE

If you are not satisfied with your employer’s response and the safety issue that concerns you continues to happen, you should contact HSE.

The quickest way to report a problem is to use HES’s online form which once submitted successfully will issue an acknowledgement.

If you are unable to access HSE’s online form, you can phone them on 0300 003 1647 and a representative will fill in the form with you; lines are open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm.

If you require any specific advice, please don't hesitate to contact us on 0800 0836458 or e-mail


bottom of page