ISO 45001 Foundation Course (1 day)
Time & Location
About the Course
• ISO 45001 Foundation Course
This course aims to provide delegates who have an existing basic knowledge of, or experience in, occupational health and safety (OH&S) management, with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 45001.
The course is based on the IRCA specification – FD127 ISO 45001:2018 Foundation.
The purpose of an OH&S management system, of OH&S management system standards, and the business benefits of improved performance of the OH&S management system.The structure and content of ISO 45001.
The OH&S management system related requirements of ISO 45001.
The processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, measuring, analysing, evaluating, reviewing, maintaining and improving an occupational health and safety management system, including the significant of these for OHSMS auditors.
The terms and definitions defined and used in ISO 45001.
Understanding the key elements of ISO 45001:
- External and internal issues, requirements of workers and other relevant interested parties, actions to address risks and opportunities, and the OH&S management system processes.
- OH&S Policy
- Leadership and commitment
- Hazard identification and assessment of risks and opportunities
- Support – Resources, competence, awareness and communication
- Operations – management of change, procurement
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit.
- Management review
Who is the course intended for?
Anyone wishing to improve their knowledge of the ISO 45001:2018 Standard.
Required Knowledge of:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
Course Assessment and Accreditation:
- General Admission£400£4000£0