1 Day Emergency First Aid Training
Time & Location
About the Course
Delegates are required to be in attendance from 09.00 and the course will run from 09.00 until 16.00 with a short morning and afternoon break, and a 30 minute break for lunch.
The course instructor, Mike Pratt, is a retired operational fire-fighter and so is well versed in administering frontline first aid and is familiar with emergency scenarios. Through his career experience, he is able to bring real life scenarios to the classroom.
Please feel free to put any relevant questions you have to the instructor, during the course.
Delegates are asked to dress casually for this course, as there will be some practical floor work to undertake as part of the training and additionally during the course assessment.
Delegates are encouraged to take notes during this course and so we would suggest that those attending bring with them a notebook and pen(s).
• Emergency First Aid at Work (1 Day)
• The Emergency First Aid at Work Training course (formerly Appointed Persons) is suitable for people who have been nominated as appointed persons within the workplace. This course covers the essential topics to be able to make a difference should an emergency occur. This course is run within the guidance set out in the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
At the end of the course each delegate will have been instructed:
· How to deal with an emergency;
· Awareness of: CPR, wounds & bleeding, unconsciousness, contents of a first aid kit;
· Recognise the cause of a blocked airway and administer the appropriate treatment;
· Approach and assess any accident or incident.
· Use of defibrillator
• This course is aimed at those acting as the appointed person in the workplace who wishes to learn basic first aid.
• None; but must be physically able to carry out the detailed procedures (see course content).
• Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate valid for 3 years from course date.
Note: HSE strongly recommends a 3 hour annual update to maintain this certification and prevent skills fade.
• Covering the main areas of first aid, the course gives candidates the knowledge to treat the majority of incidents in a low risk working environment, including: CPR, blood loss, burns & scalds, and the recovery position, use of a defibrillator.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be classed as qualified first aiders and will receive a certificate of attendance. Certification is valid for 3 years and HSE recommend that half day annual refresher courses are attended, in an effort to reduce skills fade. Though best practice, this is not a mandatory requirement.
- 1 Day EFAW Course£50£500£0